The PupGo components can be separated for cleaning.
- Remove any solid waste first by either shaking off or collect with a paper towel or toilet paper and flush down the toilet or wrap and place in a rubbish bin.
- Lift grass from the edges and let any fluids drain off before removing (1).
- Drain liquids from the tray.
- Wash thoroughly with fresh water.
- If you are using a large 80cm PupGo, it may be easier to empty fluids into a bucket first (3), instead of carrying when full. Roll grass to the edge (2) and hold in place with your thumb while draining.
- As required clean both grass and tray with a mild eco friendly detergent to thoroughly clean and remove odours. Work a soapy lather into the grass or lightly scrub from the back, let soak for 30 minutes then rinse thoroughly with fresh water until all soap is removed.
- Shake and air dry. Keep grass flat when drying to avoid bumps in the grass when it is returned to the tray.
- To revitalize the grass give it a brush against the grain with a stiff brush. This lifts the grass fibres, restoring a natural look and optimizing drainage.
- For in between full cleans you can blot liquids from the tray with a paper towel. (4)
Having a spare mat is a great idea if your pet is using the PupGo as their main toilet so you always have a clean, dry mat.
Old school cleaning tip
We are passionate about using cleaning products that are not only good for the environment but also safe for our pets. Heres a great old home rememdy you can pick up at your local supermarket.
An excellent household remedy for tough odours, mix 1 part water with 1 part white vinegar in a spray bottle, spray grass thoroughly and allow to dry, rinse off with fresh water and allow to dry again.
For tougher odours like cat urine you can use straight white vinegar.
White distilled vinegar is a popular household cleanser, effective for killing bacteria and germs, due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a great way to avoid using harsh chemicals. You’ll also be glad to know that it is environmentally friendly, not harmful to your pet and very economical.